Honkytonk Heroes Band Hire From £1000
We are one the few bands who do both songs and dance music - barn dance and line dance.
The song repertoire draws on Country, New Country and Country Rock to give a very accessible concert experience. Or, if dancing is more your cup of coffee, our caller and all round dance expert can guide you through Square Dances, Line Dances, Party Dances and lots more. Even reluctant dancers will find it hard to resist joining in and everyone can be part of the fun; there is something for all ages and abilities.
Our performance packages include;
- Hoedown Party: The most fun you can have standing up...
- Line Dance Party: suitable for all audiences, our instructor shows you the steps...
- Traditional Barn Dance: the 5 piece band will rock you like a waggon wheel...
- Concert: classic and modern country music for all ages...
- Honkytonk Hoedown: our popular festival event described by one participant as - "That was the best day in my life so far..."
The band is based in south-east England and has a flexible line-up with a four piece party/concert band, or for larger events, a five / six piece band for a 'full on' dance experience. Alternatively, we can slim down to a semi-acoustic or 'high tech' duo for smaller, more intimate events.
- Alan Jackson - Gone Country
- Billy Rae Cyrus - Achy Breaky Heart
- Bob Dillon / Darious Rucker - Waggon Wheel
- Carrie Underwood - Before He Cheats
- Creedance Clearwater Revival - Bad Moon Rising
- Dixie Chicks - Long Tome Gone
- Dixie Chicks - There's your trouble
- Dolly Parton - Jolene
- Dolly Parton - Nine to Five
- Elvis Presley - All right Mama
- Elvis Presley - Blue Suede Shoes / Hound Dog
- Frankie Valie / Los Lobos - La Bamber
- Garth Books - Calling Baton Rouge
- Glen Cambell - Rhinestone Cowboy
- Hank Williams - Jambalaya
- Janis Joplin - Me and Bobby McGee
- Janis Joplin - Mercedes Benz
- Joe Nichols - Tequila makes her clothes fall off
- John Denver - Country Roads
- Johnny Cash - Folsom Prison Blues
- Johnny Cash - Ghost riders in the sky
- Johnny Cash - Ring of fire
- Johnny Cash / June Carter - Jackson
- Keith Urban - Somebody like you
- Kenny Rogers - The Gambler
- Little Feat - Willin'
- Lynyrd Skynyrd - Sweet Home Alabama
- Tanyer Tucker - Delta Dawn
- The Band - The night they drove old Dixie down
- The Eagles - Take it easy
- The Wreckers - My Oh My
- Van Morrison - Brown eye'd girls
Get in touch for details of Honkytonk Heroes's full set list
" a huge, huge thanks for such a fantastic performance from you and your band. The feedback has been amazing!!! Thank you! "
Anita and Steve (joint 50th birthday party) - 26th Sep, 2015
" I just want to say a BIG thank you for last Saturday. Dunstable Live was a huge success and that was in part due to your band. We had over 1000 people attend which as the weather was so horrendous was a surprise. But everyone left with smiles on their faces. "
Jacqui Harding (Dunstable Town Council - Events) - 20th Jun, 2015
" Dawn and the band were a pleasure to work with. They were so professional and made me feel like I could trust them to deliver the event successfully in the run up to the event and they certainly did not let me down! The feedback from the clients were very complimentary for the band also! "
Maximillion Events (FOR Lloyds Bank) - 18th Jun, 2015
For your convenience we have put together a list of questions we are most frequently asked.
- Why have a live band at your wedding? ↓
Well, we would recommend that you have live music for your event wouldn't we, but it's not just us, most brides agreed that live music is best as well. Statistics* that we found on the web recently, from brides surveyed after the date of their wedding, show that this is the case.
- 72% of all brides say they would have spent more time choosing their reception entertainment.
- Almost 100% say they would have spent more of their budget on the entertainment.
- During wedding planning, Brides say their highest priority is reception entertainment is among the least of their priorities.
Within one week after their reception, 78% of Brides say they would have made the entertainment their highest priority!
- When asked 81% of guests say the thing they remember most about a wedding is the entertainment.
- "Feedback from our clients indicates that the bride and groom consider the entertainment to be between 70 and 90% responsible for the success of their receptions"
*Sources include: Simmons, USA Today, National Bridal Service, The Knot, Brides Magazine, PR Web.
- What is hoedown? ↓
The name 'hoedown' derives from the mid west of America where agricultural workers would have a little party at the end of a working day as a form of entertainment. So the would put their hoe down and pick a fiddle for a little bit of dancing or a sing-along. These events would often take pace in the largest building around - a barn - thus we get 'barn dance'.
Like the traditional event, the Honkytonk Heroes mix songs and dances so that the audience get a great night's worth of entertainment which appeals to all age groups.
- What is the difference between a hoedown and a barn dance? ↓
Essentially not very much. Both involve called 'social dances' but a hoedown adds songs to the mix so people can freeform dance between the 'called' dances, sing along or just have a little rest before getting back up on the dance floor.
Everyone can get into a hoedown, be they young or old. The Hoedown Band selects our music and dances, not just for beginners'. But most of our work is for social functions where the lively music and easy steps are a great way to get all your guests dancing and enjoying themselves. It breaks the ice when the audience may not know each other, which is especially important at weddings.
- What sort of events have hoedowns? ↓
Weddings, parties, anniversaries, festivals, corporate entertainment, fund-raising events and children's parties. No-one is excluded because the dances are demonstrated before the music starts, and are easy enough for everyone to do. No previous dance experience is required.
The music is so catchy that everyone gets into it without feeling embarrassed or awkward. The dancing can be done to your own level, and for as long or short as you wish. If you specify exactly for whom your event is being held, we will select a caller who will be ideally suited to your audience. According to research from Brides Magazine, hoedowns and barn dances are the second most popular form of wedding entertainment in the country.
- What do you need to stage a hoedown? ↓
Not much, really. Hoedowns take place anywhere there are dancers. They are normally indoors, though they have also been done in marquees, barns, and occasionally even something as seemingly unsuitable as a car park! No matter where it is, you must make sure you can provide a power supply consisting of at least one safe mains socket (13 Amp). Space to dance is also required which is level, relatively smooth and free from obstacles so the dancers don't trip over.
The Honkytonk Heroes are entirely 'self-contained' which means that we can provide our own PA (amplification) systems and lighting (if that is required). Just make sure your guests know what they are coming to so that they can select suitable footwear, and they are sure to have a great time.
Band Quick Summary
Honkytonk Heroes are a professional live music celtic, country cover band for hire based in Dunstable, Bedfordshire but available for bookings across many areas of the UK. (see the areas covered tab)
Honkytonk Heroes will perform gigs at a number of venues and events which include bar/club/pubs, birthday/anniversaries, charities, corporate functions, festivals, general parties and weddings.
If you are interested in hiring Honkytonk Heroes for your special event please use the e-mail form provided on this page for direct access.