Alex Soloist Hire From £98
My usual service is to sing during the wedding or funeral ceremony, typically 1-3 songs or pieces which are special to you. I offer a simple and totally personalised service - no two occasions are the same and I'm adaptable to different venues and service styles.
I cover classical pieces and hymns - your traditional Ave Maria and Amazing Grace right through to pop songs- services don't always have to be formal so many people like a bit of Elton John or Ed Sheeran.
Whatever you need, I'm happy to discuss it with you so please get in touch. My rates are very competitive and I always discount if you choose more than 1 song.
Look forward to hearing from you!
Alexandra Jenner- Wedding Singer - Glasgow 2012
- Albert Hay Malotte (sung by Lesley Garratt/ Andrea Bocelli) - The Lord's Prayer
- Andrew Lloyd Webber (sung by Charlotte Church ) - Pie Jesu
- Armstrong Gibbs - The Fields are Full
- Beyoncé - Ave Maria
- Charlotte Church (composed by Will Jennings and James Horner) - All love can be (from 'A Beautiful Mind')
- Christina Perri - A thousand years
- Davies - God be in My Head
- Denis Browne - The Isle of Lost Dreams
- Ed Sheeran - Thinking out loud
- Edvard Grieg - Ich Liebe dich
- Edvard Grieg - Solveig's Song (sung in German or English)
- Elton John - Your song
- Ennio Morricone - Nella Fantasia
- Franz Schubert - Ave Maria
- Gabriel Faure - En Priere
- Gabriel Faure - Pie Jesu
- Giordiani - Caro Mio Ben
- Henry Purcell - When I am laid in Earth
- Leonard Bernstein (From 'West Side Story') - One Hand, One Heart
- Leonard Cohen - Hallelujah
- Lonestar - Amazed
- Paisiello - Nel cor piu non mi sento
- Puccini - O mio Babbino Caro
- R. Vaughan Williams - Silent Noon
- Roberta Flack - The first time ever I saw your face
- Roger Quilter - Love's Philosophy
- Sarah Brightman - Time to say goodbye
- Stevie Wonder - Isn't she lovely
- Traditional - Amazing Grace
- W A Mozart - Laudamus Te
- W A Mozart - Laudate Dominum
Get in touch for details of Alex's full set list
" “Alex Jenner is an incredibly talented singer whose voice would complete anyone’s perfect day. I would recommend her to anyone thinking of having a singer at their wedding to add a touch of magic and class to their big day” "
Mrs Hurley - 15th Jun, 2013
" “Alex sang so beautifully at my wedding and she made my mum cry in the rehearsal because her singing was so lovely! I could listen to her sing all day” "
Mrs L Fowler - 9th Jun, 2013
" "It meant a lot for us to have Alex perform 'Amazing Grace' during our marriage ceremony. She was professional and really added something to our day". "
Duncan and Rachel - 10th Sep, 2012
" “Thank you so much for singing during our wedding ceremony. You were amazing and all our guests kept commenting on how great you were. I will be recommending you to all my friends” "
Mr and Mrs C Pitcher - 17th Jun, 2012
For your convenience we have put together a list of questions we are most frequently asked.
- I'd like to book you for the wedding service AND the evening reception- is that possible? ↓
Yes, of course! I often sing during the service and then come back in the evening singing in a live band. I am singing with Cath Coombs and the Awesome Soul Collective (funk/soul music) and we are a professional 8-piece band- we also have a page on Hireourliveband.co.uk so please take a look and get in touch! I can offer an especially competitive rate if you'd like music all through your day.
- How far do you travel? ↓
I live in Cambridge and I'm happy to travel up to 60 miles outside - I charge fuel costs for any distance further than 10 miles at 25 pence per mile.
- How do I pay you? ↓
I prefer to either take cash on the day, or a bank transfer before the event. If you need to pay after the event, I will issue an invoice with 7 days payment terms. In the case of funerals, the easiest way is usually to arrange the invoice to be paid through the undertakers.
- How long in advance do I need to book you? ↓
I ask for a month's notice where possible for weddings, and 7-10 days for a funeral. This gives me time to prepare to the fullest extent- which includes learning any new pieces or preparing pieces already in my repertoire.
- Can you help me pick a song for my wedding? ↓
Yes, of course I can. I've sung at a variety of weddings, in various places and different sizes, and I can help you choose the perfect music. I'll need certain details such as the size of the Church/venue, and if there is a PA system in order to play a backing track, or if the venue has an organist/keyboard player if you're going for something classical.
Soloist Quick Summary
Alex is a professional live music classical, pop cover soloist for hire based in Cherry Hinton, Cambridgeshire but available for bookings across many areas of the UK. (see the areas covered tab)
Alex will perform gigs at a number of venues and events which include birthday/anniversaries, funerals, general parties and weddings.
If you are interested in hiring Alex for your special event please use the e-mail form provided on this page for direct access.